Part 2 Assistant / Architectural Technician Role (20 hrs per week):
Devlin Architects Ltd are looking for a Part 2 Assistant / Architectural Technician to join our thriving and creative architectural practice in Cambridgeshire.
Situated in the market town of St. Neots, our practice runs projects throughout Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Bedfordshire. Our work varies in size and scale and includes rural, semi-rural and urban developments. The Devlin Architects’ portfolio is diverse, ranging from new build community and residential projects, to barn conversions and extensions of historic properties. Our practice works collaboratively with clients, consultants and in-house staff to ensure each project works specifically for the site, building and context. We always approach each scheme with positivity and enthusiasm so as to ensure that each construction is innovative and unique.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic Architectural Assistant or Technician to join our expanding practice. Your role would consist of contributing to our varied portfolio at all RIBA work stages from conception to completion.
Your responsibilities may include:
• assisting with specific design and construction packages for a variety of sectors.
• preparing, developing and editing drawings, images and other documents relating to the project.
• providing technical knowledge and understanding of construction methods.
• coordinating and reviewing information from consultants and contractors.
• where appropriate monitoring construction work in progress to ensure compliance with the design.
• liaising with other professionals, contractors and clients.
• have excellent creative design capabilities, demonstrated by a varied design portfolio.
• be self-driven and motivated, be proactive, work efficiently and systematically within the practice.
• meet project demands and deadlines on time.
• have a flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and an ability to handle multiple roles and responsibilities within a thriving small practice.
• have a good technical understanding of construction methods and detailing.
• have the ability to use a variety of media to complete tasks.
• be proficient in 2D and 3D technical skills predominantly including (but not exclusively): AutoCAD, Sketchup and Photoshop.
• legally be able to work in the UK.
The position is office based and flexible working is available. The salary is negotiable depending on experience.
The role is 20 hours per week with a view to a potential full-time position within 12 months.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their two-page CV, selected portfolio and any recommendation letters in PDF format (ensure less than 10MB) and forward to email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline for interest is 15 March 2019.