We were approached by a private client to review their semi-detached late 1980’s property in the village of Eaton Socon. The property is a two storey house with attached single garage and porch. In addition, there is a conservatory to the rear that is not utilised fully due to the temperature and heat gain issues.
The intention of the feasibility studies was to explore the following issues and requests from the client:
– flow through and around the property
– visual and physical connections to the garden
– additional entertaining space to the rear
– retention of the existing kitchen recently upgraded
– additional shower room for the family
– additional bedrooms to the property
We completed three different studies focusing on how to adapt the interior of the property and how the extensions should be structured to satisfy the user and planning. We reviewed the design of the roof to the side extension at first floor, and the roof and overall mass of the rear extension to add the drama and interest to the entertainment space.
We are in the process of reviewing the designs with the client at present and we will be looking to proceed to planning asap.