We are pleased to announce that we have been shortlisted for the RIBA East Architecture Awards 2019 for our Eaton Socon Preschool project in Eaton Socon, St Neots. This project was a real labour of love for us as the Architect, lead designer, and contract administrator. However, we would not have been able to complete this project without the assistance and dedication of all the parties involved:
– Eaton Socon Preschool CIO – [Client] – Caroline Allanson, Nick Walker, Jaqueline Hacking and all the staff (past and present). All worked tirelessly throughout the process from initial small conversations of extending to the final big push to complete. This project would not have happened without their commitment and belief in us to get them the building they wanted.
– Gill Associates Ltd – [Quantity Surveyors] – Matt Woollard, Oliver Adams and Julian Harvey – all helped throughout the process to track the costings, monitor the budget and assist in the cost analysis of the build.
– Constant Structural Design Ltd – [Structural Engineers] – Brian Constant and Tom Ashton. We developed the cost effective and aesthetically pleasing timber structure of the building.
– Robert Barker Design – [Landscape Designer] – Robert Barker. Although the overall plan of the landscape has not been fully utilised due to funding restrictions, the help assistance Robert gave during the process was very much appreciated.
– Mixbrow Construction Ltd – [Main Contractor] – Nick Page, Daniel Howell and Patrick Stephens. The builders worked with us throughout the process to get the build started, and then during the course of the build helped overcome some hurdles to get to the finished product.
We are now awaiting our jury visit from the RIBA East jury in April 2019 and then await to hear whether we have been successful on 9th May 2019. The shortlist is a really strong and competitive list that shows the breadth of talent and impressive selection of architecture being created in the East of England.
We have our fingers crossed! Let’s see what happens!