We understand that you may not have experience with the process of designing and building your project. Let Devlin Architects assist you and ultimately, we as a practice will make the process as enjoyable and worthwhile as possible.
The work to date for the practice has mainly been within the St Neots and Cambridgeshire area, but we are willing to travel and will be honest if we feel the distance is too significant. We will undertake any project from a small house extension to new education facilities, as shown by the projects section. During his career our architect, Simon, has worked on a variety of projects, such as a synagogue, church extensions, residential developments, bespoke houses and restaurants, basement extensions and swimming pools.
We have experience of taking you from the inception of a project to the construction and completion of the scheme. Our services include the following:
– Feasibility studies: We will review the site and its surroundings to compile information and a strategy to ensure a unique approach. We will explore the history and current story to formulate ideas and designs that befit the property.
– Planning permissions: Once the design has been established with you to generate a scheme that works, we will then undertake the submission for planning. This will include completing the drawings, the diagrams and the design access report necessary to achieving a successful response.
– Approvals: If required we will discuss and develop the scheme with the conservation officer and planning officer prior to the planning submission. Post planning we will explore the building regulations requirements with a building control officer to ensure it complies.
– Energy efficiency: We design every structure as an energy efficient building that will ensure the occupants reduce the CO2 emissions on the environment and reduce their overall energy costs.
– Coordination: Depending on the design, we may need to work with various consultants, such as structural engineers, services engineers, landscape designers and ecologists. Our role is to gain quotes, coordinate their input and review the design if necessary.
– Technical design: We will complete a set of information that gives a builder an understanding of the construction of the scheme. This will include producing drawings and details showing the formation of the building. In addition, we will compile a specification document that sets out the required standards, quality and products necessary to complete the project.
– Construction phase: The construction process can be a daunting task but we will guide you through from selecting a suitable builder and obtaining prices, to the monitoring of the works and the resolution of any queries arising from site.
– Post completion: We want our clients to fully enjoy their new building. As a practice we are keen to gain feedback from you so as to be sure the building works, from the small details to the larger picture.